California Minor's Work Permit website
DC Client Responsibilities
1. YOU MUST BOOK OUT IN ADVANCE. IF YOU ARE NOT BOOKED OUT, WE WILL ASSUME YOU ARE AVAILABLE. IF YOU TURN DOWN AUDITIONS BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO BOOK OUT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPRESENT YOU AND YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM DC TALENT.
2. CHECK YOUR EMAIL SEVERAL TIMES DAILY, BY NOON, BY 6PM AND BEFORE YOU GO TO BED!!!! MOST AUDITIONS ARE EMAILED!!! YOU MUST HAVE EMAIL ACCESS, NO EXCEPTIONS. Also RESPOND TO EVERY EMAIL THAT WAY WE KNOW YOU GOT IT!!
The following items need to be given to D C
1. LA clients (Under 18 years) -Current work permit and Coogan account on file with DC
go to www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-L.htm for application
Must be renewed every 6 months. Please apply for renewal a month before it is due DO NOT let it expire!
Don’t forget to send or email a copy to DC so we ALWAYS have a current copy.
2. 10 current headshots w/ attached current résumé’s (résumé’s & photos must be approved by DC)
When you have new photos, DO NOT bring a disc for DC to review. They only ways to choose the best photos is to do one of the following.
1. Bring or mail your disc to Argentum photo lab ( or lab with similar service). They will upload it and email it to you and to DC Talent. The fee for this is around $10. DC clients get a 20% discount at Argentum.
2. Choose your favorite 25 or so and print them in 4x6 size & mail or drop off to DC
DC will NOT look at a disc of pictures, these are the ONLY way we will help you chose an appropriate picture.
3. Register on the following sites.
Actors Access ( www.actorsaccess.com ) ,
Casting Frontier www.Castingfrontier.com
LA Casting ( www.lacasting.com) ( LA casting for LA clients who already have an agent)
People Network www.thepeoplenetwork.com .
If you have a problem please call them. Actors access 310-276-9166 La Casting 323-462-8200
4. Every month, update pictures, sizes & résumé’s & age range if applicable
5. Current phone numbers & email address where we can reach you. We must have a number that you check every ½ hour. If we can’t reach you, we cannot give you auditions.
6 .E-mail address. DC Talent supplies you with sides or copy ( your lines for the audition)
free of charge, however, if we cannot e-mail, during business hours, you will be forced to call Showfax, or go on line at www.breakdownservices.com to access Showfax, and they will get you sides at $1.00 a page
1. You must be available 6 days a week. You may “book out” in advance for any times you will be unavailable. If you do not “book out” in advance we will assume you are available for auditions or work. We will try to adjust your auditions around your extra curricular activities, however it is not always possible. Therefore, if you have a special activity planned, let us know as far in advance as possible
2. D C Talent office hours are from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm. Monday - Friday . Do not call before, or after these hours. You may call on Sat. or Sunday ONLY if you are working or auditioning. You may email anytime 24/7.
***All of our numbers are designed to page us 24 hours a day. (even while we are sleeping) We do this so that you will always have access to us. However, just as in any other job, we need that after hours break to refresh, so we can work better for you during the work week.
Remember, your agent works 9:30-6:30 and you have no access to them after hours.
DC Talent NEVER closes, so please be considerate of our time.
3. You must be prepared for your audition. Class is strongly suggested. Actors who go to class have a MUCH higher booking rate. If you are not booking, and not going to class, you must be willing to take class. DC Talent will stick with you, even when you are not booking, provided you are doing all you can be doing. Lines learned, appropriate wardrobe, etc. Feel free to ask us any questions you have when we give you your auditions. Make sure you have the address of your audition when we first put out the call. DO NOT call just before the audition because you forgot to take down the address. We need to be on the phone with casting & agents, not answering these type of calls.
4. Make sure you check all of your messages & emails each night before 7:30, that way if you have pertinent questions, you can contact our office before 8:00 pm.
5. Most importantly, this should be FUN! Parents need to be creative for those long drives to auditions. Hopefully this will afford you some quality time with your child.
6. We, at D C Talent are here to help this experience be an enjoyable one for you and your child. Your questions are always welcome. If you and your child are happy, this can be a great experience.
7. Please DO NOT call on my cell phone unless asked to do so. Please have our phone numbers with you at all times. You can always call your agent, during business hours if for some reason we do not respond in time.
3 Things for success:
1. Communication is key.
2. D C Talent must have the tools listed at the beginning of this memo to best represent you.
3. This is a business, and because we work hard daily for you, you need to take this seriously. However, this is an extra curricular activity which should be kept in prospective. Kids need to be kids!! Happy, relaxed kids always are more successful.